PRINCIPLES OF TEAM MEDIATIONsm
While in Team Mediationsm participants commit themselves to:
- 1. Negotiate in good faith.
- 2. Provide full and accurate disclosure.
- 3. Not take unfair advantage of the other party or of the process itself.
- 4. Protect the confidentiality of the clients and their families.
- 5. Seek ways to minimize costs when possible – including limiting the attorneys’ activity whenever mutually agreeable.
- 6. Not use litigation, or even the threat of litigation, in any way during the negotiation and processing of the case.
Team Mediationsm attorneys are not required to withdraw from the case if it goes to court. In addition, all expert appraisals and evaluations (such as those for pensions, businesses and real estate) may be used going forward. This is different from collaborative processes where both the attorneys and any work products cannot be used going forward, thereby delaying the process and sometimes costing clients thousands of dollars in additional fees. Attorneys who participate in this process, and particularly those on the Center’s panel, are truly committed to a Win-Win solution and a fair outcome.